Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

thoughts on zoos?

1 - 7 of 7 posts

iloveanimals iloveanimals NSW Posts: 16
1 1 Oct 2011
I want to go to one on my birthday in a few days because I loooove animals but the more I thought about zoos the more I thought about my problems with going to one, I think they can be good in a way of letting people experience being close up to wild animals and teach people about anials and they breed endangered animals but I think they can be bad because it's unnatural

what do you think?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 2 Oct 2011
I prefer wildlife parks compared to zoos, because zoos keep 'exotic' animals, and in tiny cages too. Good wildlife parks like Featherdale Farm I like because all their animals have beautiful, large, and clean enclosures.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
3 2 Oct 2011
i dont particurly like them because ive seen how they fly tigers and random animals on planes which stresses em out like nothing else onlly to bring em down here for viewing. DISGUSTING . Tigers arent supposed to be here

if ppl want to see them - go to their country and take a safari ride or something :/

BUT - alot of them are transported for conservation etc.... but im still a little peeved as people had driven most animals to be endangered by taking over their land,
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 2 Oct 2011
Don't go to zoos. Go to sanctuaries. Some people don't know the difference, but there is actually a huge difference. A wildlife sanctuary rescues, rehabilitates, and releases their animals. The animals that you get to see are the ones who can't be released for some reason. This might be because their injuries have left permanent damage or because they're too tame/human dependant.

At a zoo, the animals are a marketing product, even the endangered ones. Some zoos claim that they're 'conserving an endangered species', but the fact is, people pay more money to see an endangered animal, and zoos want to take advantage of that. This is why zoos that are not in Australia are NOT allowed to have Tasmanian Devils. One good move by the government.

You could even go to a farm sanctuary, like Edgar's Mission. I'm not sure about farm sanctuaries in NSW, but I would be very surprised if there wasn't any.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
5 2 Oct 2011
Nsw farm animal sanctuarys
- Atchin Tan Sanctuary
- Cariad Farm Sanctuary http://cariadfarm.org/

Wildlife Sanctuarys and rescues
- Ettamogah Wildlife Sanctuary
- Billabong Koala and wildlife park < this is just down the road from me and its is awsum.
- birdland animal park
- Coffs harbour butterfly house  < this is a amazing experiance
- Dingo sanctuary
- Ettamogah wildlife sanctuary
- Featherdale wildlife park
- Sea Acars rainforest park < this is awsum aswell

there the only ones i know and would reccomend happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
7 2 Oct 2011
"Thoughts on Zoo's?" "PLARUHGHRGH YUCK!"
ReplyQuote