Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

WTF is wrong with some people

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Sideshow hippo Sideshow hippo NSW Posts: 2
1 11 Oct 2011
i just read a story that related how a pit bull was turned into the animal shelter after having been found abandoned in a ditch with all of its teeth filed down to the exposed roots, emaciated by starvation (weighing less than 40 pounds), and having just given birth to 9 puppies that morning.  The mother also had a few pressure sores from where bones rubbed against skin.  All the puppies still had the umbilical cords attached and were wet.

This level of human cruelty and stupidity is beyond understanding and one wonders what could be done to bring such behaviors under control.

Perhaps the best solution is to treat these people just like sexual predators.  They should be forced to register on a list as animal abusers and prohibited from ever owning or interacting with animals again. Then their faces should be publicized everywhere (including the internet) so that everyone can recognize just what kind of people they are.  If they are willing to engage in such acts, then they shouldn't be intimidated about being known for it.

Let's shine a light on these dregs of humanity, so that they can't hide nor pretend that they resemble anything that is representative of being human.
ReplyQuote

JF JF NSW Posts: 283
2 11 Oct 2011
Well, the idea has been touched on in the past.

Here's some sources I quickly gathered -

More so talks about the link between abusing animals then leading to abusing humans.
http://www.animalsaustralia.org/media/in_the_news.php?article=1233

Article from last year, Texas creating such a registry. Not sure if it got put into effect.
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/politics/registry-wont-cover-all-animal-abusers

2010, Lawmakers Consider an Animal Abuse Registry.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/22/us/22abuse.html

Then outside of a federally ran system, we do have social media now. For example on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/britishanimalabusersnamedandshamed

People are circulating information on who the admin came to believe are animal abusers. There are many groups like this on Facebook, then Tumblr, Twitter accounts etc. My issue with this currently happening is we're not provided with a legitimate source most of the time, we have no true facts so for all we know we're just defaming a person and not helping any animals.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 12 Oct 2011
I fail to see how a pit bull could have been turned into an animal shelter no matter how large it was
ReplyQuote

Leila9 Leila9 QLD Posts: 49
4 12 Oct 2011
I definitely agree that people who hurt or are mean to animals need a much worse penalty. They can literally get away with murder at the moment. I have seen many photos and heard many horror stories about poor, helpless, innocent animals being treated inhumanely. I honestly dont know how some people can do those kinds of things to animals, and I believe they should be put away or something. Definitely something that would make them not do it, because the price to pay is too much.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
5 12 Oct 2011
Sideshow hippo said:
i just read a story that related how a pit bull was turned into the animal shelter after having been found abandoned in a ditch with all of its teeth filed down to the exposed roots, emaciated by starvation (weighing less than 40 pounds), and having just given birth to 9 puppies that morning.  The mother also had a few pressure sores from where bones rubbed against skin.  All the puppies still had the umbilical cords attached and were wet.

This level of human cruelty and stupidity is beyond understanding and one wonders what could be done to bring such behaviors under control.

Perhaps the best solution is to treat these people just like sexual predators.  They should be forced to register on a list as animal abusers and prohibited from ever owning or interacting with animals again. Then their faces should be publicized everywhere (including the internet) so that everyone can recognize just what kind of people they are.  If they are willing to engage in such acts, then they shouldn't be intimidated about being known for it.

Let's shine a light on these dregs of humanity, so that they can't hide nor pretend that they resemble anything that is representative of being human.
Absolutely agreed.
ReplyQuote

Sideshow hippo Sideshow hippo NSW Posts: 2
6 12 Oct 2011
I'm not talking about defaming or slandering peoples names.
I just think that its a bad joke that people get away with what they do to animals.
Like the new laws that they are apparently imposing in QLD are:

Amending the Criminal Code to include an offence of serious animal cruelty carrying a maximum sentence of seven years
Anyone convicted of serious animal cruelty will be automatically banned from owning an animal of the same type for two years with courts having the power to impose longer bans
Amending the Animal Care and Protection Act to allow courts to impose an interim ban on people owning an animal during legal proceedings or after legal proceedings
Amending the Animal Care and Protection Act to increase the maximum jail sentence to three years and increase the maximum fine to $200,000

It's clearly just a bad joke to some people or they just don't give a shit.
Over half the stories that i read about animal cruelty the perpetrator either just gets a slap on the wrist, or some laughable punishment.

How hard is it for animals to receive a fair and similar judicial system, just be cause they do not talk or do other things people deem intelligent life does doesnt make thier life or well being less important then a persons.

After all if the importance of life is based on intellect then over 80% of humanity should have less rights then animals.
ReplyQuote

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).