Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Criticism... from meat eaters.

11 - 20 of 21 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Shahna Lammajamma Shahna Lammajamma QLD Posts: 56
11 29 Oct 2011
I know how you feel i get alot of criticism and no support from my flat mates and friends, its hard but I know im doing the right thing.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
12 29 Oct 2011
Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.

- Mohandas K. Gandhi
ReplyQuote

Madixoxoxo Madixoxoxo QLD Posts: 31
13 30 Oct 2011
Cassie3 said:
And I would have thought you would have enjoyed the chance to tell people how you see it.  You never know she may convert herself if you explained it well enough.
Haha, perhaps I expressed it wrong when talking about it. She had a WTF look on her face, and thought it to be quite odd for me to all of a sudden become a vegetarian. Even after I told her about the documentary I'd watched etc... she still was kinda of criticizing me for only just doing it/choosing this way of living. She is a blunt person normally, and perhaps because I don't want to be ostracized due to my choices it made me a tad upset.
ReplyQuote

Madixoxoxo Madixoxoxo QLD Posts: 31
14 30 Oct 2011
Barefoot Bohemian said:
I know how you feel i get alot of criticism and no support from my flat mates and friends, its hard but I know im doing the right thing.
My boyfriend thinks I'm a freak now and keeps on saying... "Where can I take you to eat now?". Haha. I have to explain to him that practically everywhere sells vegetarian options. Except for the place that he goes to and eats ribs... pretty sure it's eat meat or what are you even doing there. Other than that, easy to eat out. He's just, along with many, stuck in a mind set that being a vegetarian is super hard. It's really not.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
15 30 Oct 2011
MadiLovesMerDer said:
My boyfriend thinks I'm a freak now and keeps on saying... "Where can I take you to eat now?". Haha. I have to explain to him that practically everywhere sells vegetarian options. Except for the place that he goes to and eats ribs... pretty sure it's eat meat or what are you even doing there. Other than that, easy to eat out. He's just, along with many, stuck in a mind set that being a vegetarian is super hard. It's really not.
the only reason it is hard, IS BECAUSE THEY PUT ANIMAL PRODUCTS IN EVERYTHING
it's messed up, even things you wouldn't think have animal products in them, just have them
because obviously nothing can exsist for us to eat without something dead being in it

everyone is set in the mindset that eating meat is normal, and this is what the corporations want you to think. everyone is just brainwashed
that's why they blow everything off as fake or convince themselves of this lie they are being spoon fed.
ReplyQuote

T.K. T.K. VIC Posts: 6
16 30 Oct 2011
Congrats on saying NO to meat...

Yes it is hard to explain to most meat eaters why you don't eat meat anymore, most just don't get it and never will, the ones that have a lot to say about meat and how good it tastes are a waste of breath  I have found! it does not matter what answer you give them they will always find a way to keep being critical of your decision to try and make themselves feel better.

I have now learnt to live with it and I just don't hang out with the friends or anyone that are for ever trying to prove how much Im missing by not eating meat.

I  became vegan in March 2011 ecstatic 30 Day Vegan challenge never looked back, went cold turkey as they would say

No Murder, No Dairy, No Wool, No Leather  cool
ReplyQuote

Cassie3 Cassie3 QLD Posts: 115
17 30 Oct 2011
Ah well never mind.  I am all for each to their own when it comes to many things.
ReplyQuote

sophxx sophxx NSW Posts: 169
18 30 Oct 2011
Congrats on going vegetarian! My mum went vegetarian at like 48 and a year later shes almost vegan - and she was raised on a farm too ecstatic So it doesn't really matter what age you are. I spoke to a woman today whose mum, age 70, recently went veg so at 24 you've got plenty of time
ReplyQuote

-- -- NSW Posts: 83
19 20 Aug 2012
I elk away from most people because I get so pissed off especially when I get people waving meat in my face or taking a bite and saying yummy... I can't stand animal cruelty I'm not that strong and able to people eating around me... if a friend disrespects me then I they arn't my friend....
ReplyQuote

Spacepeanut Spacepeanut QLD Posts: 120
20 22 Aug 2012
I cop it all the time, from friends and family alike, but it's water off a duck's back to me. Funnily enough, I often tend to have the Omni Vs Vegan debate with chefs.
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au