Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Not buying "Cruelty free meat" means... I'm not helping the animals??

11 - 16 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Gegele40 Gegele40 United States Posts: 6
11 7 Nov 2011
i'm confused with why you'd buy meat if you don't consume it?
ReplyQuote

Madixoxoxo Madixoxoxo QLD Posts: 31
12 7 Nov 2011
Gegele40 said:
i'm confused with why you'd buy meat if you don't consume it?
My partner is not vegetarian. It's rare that I do buy meat for him, since we both still live at home. I do still buy it sometimes though, even though it grosses me out. I can't force him to be vegetarian too lol.
ReplyQuote

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
13 7 Nov 2011
JMort said:
Giving dollars to 'cruelty-free' meat producers to show the other producers that you care about animals is like protesting 1 nuclear bomb that kills 50,000 people and injures 100,000, but then not caring when 1 'ordinary' bomb kills 100 people and injures 200. Bombs are still killing devices no matter how many or few they kill or maim. The end result doesn't change.
Top analogy!
An old boss of mine told me once that vegetarians don't do anything to support the Australian economy because we are sending the farmers broke - I thought - I'm pretty sure all the vegies, grains, fruit juice etc I consume are grown by farmers!

People will say anything when they feel uncomfortable about eating meat deep down ...
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
14 7 Nov 2011
Jane said:
An old boss of mine told me once that vegetarians don't do anything to support the Australian economy because we are sending the farmers broke
Haha... that is 100% solid gold plop! I'm convinced they're sending themselves broke, with this paradoxical cycle of money being spent on feeding animals crap they'd never eat if left to their own devices, when those foods really ought to be eaten by humans.
ReplyQuote

Daniel5 Daniel5 VIC Posts: 93
15 7 Nov 2011
Dont you think stating that the so called rise of people going vego and the Meat industry advertising is drawing a Very long bow.  Last time i checked the consumption of Coca Cola wasnt slipping but i still see them advertising every night.  The fact is Advertising has been proven to increase sales in many products hence why the do it
ReplyQuote

SavageMagpie SavageMagpie QLD Posts: 4
16 13 Nov 2011
I am going to take an economic stand point on this. By not buying meat, or even having your share of meat, is effecting the demand for meat. Now, since they will probably still supply enough meat for you share, which causes ad over supply, which means the company looses money and must lesson its supply. I know someone above me gave a less detailed analysis but there you go happy
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au