Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

A-MAH-ZING NEWS!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

iloveanimals iloveanimals NSW Posts: 16
1 24 Nov 2011

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
2 24 Nov 2011
iloveanimals said:
West Hollywood bans selling fur!  ecstatic
Whoooooooooooooo!
Call the Australian government to do the same - if they can do it - so can we!
http://www.unleashed.org.au/take_action/stop-the-sale-of-fur-in-Australia/
ReplyQuote

Christina3 Christina3 NSW Posts: 128
3 24 Nov 2011
Wooo!  dance
ReplyQuote

Lotus Eater Lotus Eater QLD Posts: 60
4 24 Nov 2011
Sadly I don't think this will have much of an effect if only enforced in one city, someone would only have to drive a few miles to the next legal fur shop. However, it is a start, I'm hoping this may start some sort of dominoes effect.

that article said:
Other celebrity fur fans, including Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Kate Hudson, will also have to make extra effort to buy their coveted animal goods…
Oh god, I wouldn't have thought it possible to dislike Kim Kardashian or Beyonce even more.
ReplyQuote

Spacepeanut Spacepeanut QLD Posts: 120
5 24 Nov 2011
Alas, I've not long found that even my fave young actress Emma Watson wears fur.

I've written a novel, and I'm determined to have it both published and then adapted for screen, and though it may seem silly to some people that I'd 'fantasy cast', Emma had always been my number one choice for one of the pivotal characters. Not anymore...
ReplyQuote

Christina3 Christina3 NSW Posts: 128
6 24 Nov 2011
Spacepeanut said:
Alas, I've not long found that even my fave young actress Emma Watson wears fur.

I've written a novel, and I'm determined to have it both published and then adapted for screen, and though it may seem silly to some people that I'd 'fantasy cast', Emma had always been my number one choice for one of the pivotal characters. Not anymore...
But-what-uh...NOOOO!!!! NOT EMMA WATSON NOOO!!! Oh come ON! I'm a massive Harry Potter fan and oh..no....I didn't know she wore fur...devastating...noo........ cry
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
7 24 Nov 2011
Christina3 said:
Spacepeanut said:

But-what-uh...NOOOO!!!! NOT EMMA WATSON NOOO!!! Oh come ON! I'm a massive Harry Potter fan and oh..no....I didn't know she wore fur...devastating...noo........ cry
Look on the bright side. At least it is just the actress and not the character she plays!

I agree this won't stop many people buying fur, but it will start the trend
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au