Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Any Lesbians/Gays?

41 - 50 of 62 posts (locked)   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

Ron Ron NSW Posts: 233
41 4 Dec 2011
One step closer (and quite a big one) for marriage equality for same sex couples:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/alls-fair-in-love-but-now-for-the-war-in-the-house-20111203-1ocio.html

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
42 5 Dec 2011
equality???

What....   you want to have parades and a massive cultural revolution,
which includes ever aspect of boring mediocre life like TV shows.
And everything is meant to be 'different, vibrant and yours'.

But then you see days of our lives... and watch rory montgommery marrying penis my furtrude "Tear... whys can't we have teh dramas?"

Seriously... why marriage?

Why complicate things that much..?

Do married people get a 5% discount on tax or something.

You can still get together... with all your friends... spend heaps of money on some stuff...

get in some dude who touched a boys willy, so he's all cool with it and marry you.. it just won't be recognised by some people shifting paper from the printer to the shredder...

Marriage, I believe is a huge show of distrust... want love to fall prey to a stereotype.. by all means... don't be above the law. Fight to get in it.

One moment you're fighting for it... the next you're watching some statistical report "8/10" Gay Marriages end in divorce.. where as "5/10" straight marriages come apart.

How can this be... not due to the great difference of numbers are straight marriage getting old in a  modern society. Marriage to this point... is faltering and finding irrelevance.. and you want to jump into it, be recognised by the law as a new statistic, while the ship is sinking.

Quick! Everyone on board, so we can see how not great this pretentious stress is.

It is like.. culminating your life ... getting that one bit closer to your next obligation... a funeral.

So you sit around after ... thinking "ok what now"... until the indifference ends in "maybe I don't love you... i'm taking all the material possessions.. because.. I guess I can still feel something for stuff that isn't a person in my head space". Because the group step has been made the next one is yours... you just can't figure out where it goes or what it is... because it isn't as bright as a wedding, dark as a funeral... or exciting as the parade.

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
43 5 Dec 2011
Casper.s2 said:
equality???
I think it's more so an issue of how our law works if the couple don't see marriage as anything in itself important to their relationship. There's still a number of areas that make it easier to deal with if you're a married couple. Of course, it's a double edge sword. All the good stuff same sex couples want from marriage also comes with the bad stuff (though it's not always nasty - depends if the relationship breaks down or not).

44 5 Dec 2011
The entity itself I think is bad, the break down is just consequential
of something with negative history and a poor list of expectations.

I understand.. that want to be able to tick the box which suits you on a form.

Multi-gender people... whose identity are one but their sex says another...

have the same problem so ALL THIS TIME AND MONEY... is going into...

being able to FIT in one of those two boxes...

WHY NOT JUST CHOOSE ONE!... and not care... MAKE THEM PUT A THIRD BOX...

in the least this will educate all the kids that ask "what does this box mean" to their parents.

OR MAKE IT A RULE TO TICK BOTH BOXES....

sigh..... fighting some mythical moral issue... is nothing compared to finding a better
method to deal with the practicality... and then there is no 'issue' to express
inner turmoil through. Then people will just have to stop caging them selves...
building their own expectations on nuances and vibes... conditioning an opinion.
Based on opinions that may or may not exist of may or may not be offensive.

And move on with being wonderful.

It bores me, that is all.

But I see some people just want to strive for a... a higher position in a job for instance...

and want to also love their partner.. and have it all fit, like it does for anyone else.

No second glances, odd looks or second thoughts and no judgement based on remote things,
which have no impact on the task or job at hand... and no hold ups on being recognised...
as just the same as every other person. Why not demand ... MORE...

different benefits... noting the implications of segregation... and the weigh of social ethos
and views which is remnant of old social prejudice of a government body closely
being tied to the church.

Why not ask for your OWN policy... something like the baby bonus but...

tied in with relativity to the challenges that Gay people face each day...

don't ask for equality when the point is ... you are different,
HENCE THE FACT YOU ARE GAY AND ALL YOU ARE PROUD OF

ask to be treated differently, fairly and be all "give us a fair go moit"
and they will have to... because they can't resist saying
"see we have them a fair go moit~" "Conform and we will idiom you too D:"

anyways...

just don't limit yourself to a certificate of distrust...

it wouldn't be needed .. if not for lack of trust.

A binding agreement to be in love... a binding agreement ... to have faith...

lets cage the spirit ... and tell it... YOU MUST BE FREE

Tobii Tobii VIC Posts: 21
45 11 Dec 2011
Bi here, both men/women equally happy

Neenzi Neenzi WA Posts: 94
46 11 Dec 2011
I am not sure what being gay or lesbian has to do with being vegan or vegetarian. I am offended by this topic being on this forum. It doesn't belong here.

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
47 11 Dec 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the point was for a vego/vegan/animal rights activist (or similar ) to find others in their area that are bi/gay etc.. Just the same as perhaps one would post a thread trying to find a vego vegan friend in their area. I think it's relevant and like most conversations they continue deeper especially as more people get involved, I guess if it offended me I'd just say pffft whatever and not read the thread in the first place let alone 5 pages of it.  I do not  find it wrong or offensive. Just my thoughts... Love to all xxoo love

48 11 Dec 2011
also I meant 5/10 straight marriages fail and 8/10 gay marriages.

1 . lower numbers.

2. it is new fresh and exciting

3. this was me hypothetically speaking if it did become legal

4.  bahah basically every parent gets divorced, which is ILLEGAL wink
unethical if you are a Christian, which is what marriage is for

popularised and assimilated into HEY we can make a "public holiday out of this one! yay"

/"the money that goes with christmas"

but yeah.. whooot evs...

i'm not going near it, I hope to actually love someone I meet

love

As myself entirely I mean, or our selves,

not a 'husband' or tv super hero

Cassie3 Cassie3 QLD Posts: 115
49 11 Dec 2011
Vegan-Lisa said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the point was for a vego/vegan/animal rights activist (or similar ) to find others in their area that are bi/gay etc.. Just the same as perhaps one would post a thread trying to find a vego vegan friend in their area. I think it's relevant and like most conversations they continue deeper especially as more people get involved, I guess if it offended me I'd just say pffft whatever and not read the thread in the first place let alone 5 pages of it.  I do not  find it wrong or offensive. Just my thoughts... Love to all xxoo love
This is indeed a weird thread for a site that is supposedly for animal welfare.  People's sexuality is so bloody totally irrelevant.  This forum is full of hypocrites.  On a couple of occasions I have been shut down after a very short time for questioning animal care, vegan lifestyle sustainability etc.  All very relevant topics if this site is as it proclaims.  I smell a rat.  Have been assured that there are other omnis on this site.  Yet to see a single post from another omni.  Are they all scared of you vegans/vegos or is it really that it is a site for vegans /vegos only. I am beginning to believe so.  Have invited a few friends to access this site as visitors, friends who have actually donated to AA blindly thinking that it was a site for animal welfare regardless of their status as meateaters.  You would not want to hear what they have to say now believe me.  You continually shoot yourselves in the foot as an organisation to be taken seriously.  Oh and no more talk about whether you jump men or women or both ( though wish the latter would make their damn minds )  Boring, boring and more boring.

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
50 11 Dec 2011
NinaLouise said:
I am not sure what being gay or lesbian has to do with being vegan or vegetarian. I am offended by this topic being on this forum. It doesn't belong here.
This forum has many topics (even though the site itself is based on animal welfare).
Animal issues, food issues, environment issues, personal issues...

If people want to talk about what makes them mad, what they ate for dinner, their sexuality, what they like to wear, religious beliefs, how many times they poop in a day, family problems, etc, surely there's no harm.
Just my opinion. happy

Cassie3 said:
On a couple of occasions I have been shut down after a very short time for questioning animal care, vegan lifestyle sustainability etc.
Strange you say that. You were not "shut down". Although some people became frustrated with your repetitive questions, others gave you very good detailed answers.

Cassie3 said:
Have been assured that there are other omnis on this site.  Yet to see a single post from another omni.  Are they all scared of you vegans/vegos or is it really that it is a site for vegans /vegos only.
I was an omni when I first stumbled onto this forum.
Perhaps most omni's that come on here don't bother posting anything because they are simply researching about a vego lifestyle. I know I was (now I'm vegan).

Cassie3 said:
Have invited a few friends to access this site as visitors, friends who have actually donated to AA blindly thinking that it was a site for animal welfare regardless of their status as meateaters.
It is about animal welfare.
AA simply makes the point that the best thing people can do for animals is to not eat them.
Forum members do not represent AA. We're not part of the organisation, we're supporters. If somebody in the forum is abusive to omni's, AA is not at fault.
We're individuals - like every Earthling.

Peace Cassie.  peace

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au