Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Has anyone ever crewed for the Sea Shephard?

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

shhhjess shhhjess WA Posts: 39
1 11 Jan 2012
Has anyone on here ever crewed offshore for the Sea Shephard? I'd really love to do it but I have no idea what to expect.

I also have no experience in what they are looking for.

I've been watching a lot a lot a lot of Whale Wars lately but I want to hear about any personal experience anyone has had on the ships?
ReplyQuote

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
2 11 Jan 2012
I haven't but I use to be on the shore crew and spent some time with the crew. So if you want to hear it direct, visit the ship when it's in town/volunteer if you can get to them!

Otherwise, there was a SSC forum that past crew were active on but it's been a long time since I've been there and they change domains a lot. Jack may know a better online community but maybe ask here too: http://www.planetoceanalliance.org/forum/forum.php
ReplyQuote

3 11 Jan 2012
oh thank you happy I was considering doing a tour but there's also a small part of me that just wants to dive straight in and apply.

also, i'm sorry if i offend anyone asking this, but who is jack?
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
4 11 Jan 2012
Do you think you'd get arrested for boarding it late at night when it is in port.

And go on the poop deck.

? ~ ?

I mean technically, it would be a double standard not to let people turn it into a piece of art,
painting it and stuff... or clambering around on it putting up murals.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
5 12 Jan 2012
There is no official Sea Shepherd forum anymore.

4000+ apply to crew for sea shepherd every year..... So its best to begin as an onshore crew member, this does give you a better chance of getting onboard, plus its fun

http://www.seashepherd.org/australia/volunteer.html
ReplyQuote

6 12 Jan 2012
I really need to get back on the shore crew me thinks. Been slack since leaving QLD.
ReplyQuote

7 12 Jan 2012
I'd love love love to be an onshore crew member but isn't their office in Melbourne? I'm in Perth and I don't know anyone who lives in Melbourne to stay with so having a volunteer job wouldn't work sad
ReplyQuote

8 12 Jan 2012
jess. said:
I'd love love love to be an onshore crew member but isn't their office in Melbourne? I'm in Perth and I don't know anyone who lives in Melbourne to stay with so having a volunteer job wouldn't work sad
There would be a Perth crew. Most capital cities do. Some rural areas also have crews. You're just getting info out and fundraising so it can really be done anywhere. If you area doesn't have a crew, you could get one started. Just look at the website. happy
ReplyQuote

9 12 Jan 2012
oh really? ooh i didn't even consider that! do you know how i'd find out how i can find it? i looked on the perth section of their website but its just events that have happened in perth?
ReplyQuote

10 12 Jan 2012
Either email:

That should go direct to the perth coordinator.

Otherwise do it via the instructions here:
http://www.seashepherd.org/get-involved/volunteer-onshore.html

And then a coordinator should contact you and help you get in touch with the right people in Perth to start volunteering/attending meetings.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au