Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan-friendly cafes in Fremantle?

1 - 10 of 10 posts

shhhjess shhhjess WA Posts: 39
1 12 Jan 2012
I have a lovely little lunch date with a friend of mine next week in Fremantle. Except neither of us have any idea where to go. Does anyone know of any nice vegan friendly cafes in Freo? We're going on a Wednesday so any of the markets ones aren't an option.
ReplyQuote

Ashlyn Ashlyn WA Posts: 104
2 12 Jan 2012
I was there the other week and theres that place,Jus Burgers or something, me and my bf had a tempeh burger, wasnt that bad, just needed some kind of condiment in it! i think they do like 3 dif vego/vegan options i think...im sure they have a menu online.. but that was the only place we could find without prior research!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 13 Jan 2012
If you like sushi there is a sushi train, there are a few gelato places that do sorbet - one even has a soy gelato! Ummmm I haven't really ever been there and gone to a cafe, I usually go for lunch or dinner so go to pubs or whatever.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
4 13 Jan 2012
Ashlyn said:
I was there the other week and theres that place,Jus Burgers or something, me and my bf had a tempeh burger, wasnt that bad, just needed some kind of condiment in it! i think they do like 3 dif vego/vegan options i think...im sure they have a menu online.. but that was the only place we could find without prior research!
The chickpea burger is better!!

There is also a vegetarian/vegan cafe hidden in an alleyway.. the name will come to me...

*edit* It came to me, the juicy beetroot. I discovered it on my first trip to fremantle hidden away, it was nice!!!!
http://yourrestaurants.com.au/guide/juicy_beetroot_vegetarian_cafe/
ReplyQuote

weaselbritches weaselbritches WA Posts: 36
5 13 Jan 2012
If you feel the urge to venture north, there's a new cafe on Vincent Street in Mount Lawley - Veggie Mama.  Everything is clearly marked whether it's egg, gluten or dairy free and all the salads are vegan.  Their patties and salads are amazing (the quinoa, mushroom and walnut is my fave), but the hot food is average.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
6 13 Jan 2012
xMISSMONSTERx said:
*edit* It came to me, the juicy beetroot. I discovered it on my first trip to fremantle hidden away, it was nice!!!!
Yes I've seen that! That's over behind Myer yeah?? I always say I should suss it out when I'm there, but I very rarely venture that way....
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
7 14 Jan 2012
RaV3N said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:
Yes I've seen that! That's over behind Myer yeah?? I always say I should suss it out when I'm there, but I very rarely venture that way....
Nah it's on high st, you have to go down a little alley between organic clothing emporium and a florist to see it
ReplyQuote

Jordanfun Jordanfun WA Posts: 79
8 15 Jan 2012
About a week ago I planned to go to the Juicy Beetroot the other day with my girlfriend. We were looking forward to checking it out as we have heard great things about it. We got there and it was closed. There was no sign indicating why or when they will be back... maybe it was just that day so i suggest giving them a call if you can find the number.
ReplyQuote

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
9 28 Jan 2012
I went to a cafe in Freo, it doesn't state any vegan or vege items on the menu, but the chef was more than happy to do me up a vegan breakfast. He made some delicious cinnamon mushrooms on thick toast with avocado. The place was called The Attic, it's on Bannister St.
Good Coffee too.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
10 29 Jan 2012
I have a friend who works in the Mexican Kitchen in Freo, and they have quite a lot of vegetarian options which they are always willing to veganize upon request. She says they get a lot of vegans coming in doing just that, and they're food's pretty nice if you're up for a bit of Mexico.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au