Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Boycott 'The Grey' Movie.

Wolves killed on scene for the movie, actors also ate wolf meat on set.

31 - 40 of 43 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  


4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
31 5 Mar 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
In today's society it is not neccessary to kill an animal for a "realistic" scene. Nor is it neccessary to encourage others to do the job for you so that you have a loop hole way of saying you didn't technically "kill" the animal. These animal's deaths were certainly not neccessary, therefore this kind of behaviour shouldn't be supported. If "one offs" like this are supported then you are going to receive alot more "one offs" until it becomes the norm.
I won't be purchasing nor viewing this film.
ReplyQuote

Danielafreeme Danielafreeme VIC Posts: 12
32 7 Mar 2012
Thanks for sharing that, I'm not watching it now and he's off my list of actors that I like. Would he shoot his own dog and eat it, doubt that!?!?! Poor wolves so sad what happened in the hands of red necks.
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
33 7 Mar 2012
* Great Story! You may have heard Lyn tell it before.

At Lyn Whites speech last night, she told a true story of a unique relationship she had with a Wolf that she rescued from an very cruel Jordan Zoo.

When Lyn came across a wolf in the zoo, it was stuck inside a 1 metre wide concreted walled & floored box with a clear window (for humans amazement of a wolf!). The wolf was apparently very distressed, jumping up on the walls and hitting hits head, it was going mad with claustrophobia. Lyn sat at the window and stayed with the Wolf for a couple of hours until it finally calmed down and looked at her.
Lyn told the wolf "I will get you out of here, I promise"

That night Lyn went back to the Palace and requested that the wolf be rescued and put into their animal sanctuary they had set up in the palace grounds!. Unfortunately she had a early flight back to Australia, and was unable to make sure the wolf was ok the next day.

When Lyn returned a couple of months later, the first thing on her mind was the wolf she made a promise to. So the first thing she did was visit where the Wolf was rescued to, upon arrival one of the Jordan workers told Lyn it would be safe to enter the enclosure unprotected from the Wolf as it wasn't dangerous. So Lyn did, as she wanted to get some up close photos if possible. When Lyn first saw the wolf it looked unsociable and was sitting in a corner, it looked healthy but still appeared to be severely traumatised from its years in a concrete box.

As the wolf noticed Lyn, it turned around, and ran towards her. A few of the workers came into to protect Lyn if need as everyone was unsure what the Wolf was going to do.
When it made it to Lyn's feet. It stopped for a moment and looked in excitement, it then rolled over and gave itself to Lyn.

After that night in the Zoo - the wolf still remembered Lyn after months. Knowing Lyn was the one that saved him/her.

*Lyn showed us pictures of her playing happily with this wolf!

Such an amazing story, and it enforces the facts that Animals are smart. Very smart. Especially wolfs happy
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
34 8 Mar 2012
Rowan011 said:
* Great Story! You may have heard Lyn tell it before.

At Lyn Whites speech last night, she told a true story of a unique relationship she had with a Wolf that she rescued from an very cruel Jordan Zoo.

When Lyn came across a wolf in the zoo, it was stuck inside a 1 metre wide concreted walled & floored box with a clear window (for humans amazement of a wolf!). The wolf was apparently very distressed, jumping up on the walls and hitting hits head, it was going mad with claustrophobia. Lyn sat at the window and stayed with the Wolf for a couple of hours until it finally calmed down and looked at her.
Lyn told the wolf "I will get you out of here, I promise"

That night Lyn went back to the Palace and requested that the wolf be rescued and put into their animal sanctuary they had set up in the palace grounds!. Unfortunately she had a early flight back to Australia, and was unable to make sure the wolf was ok the next day.

When Lyn returned a couple of months later, the first thing on her mind was the wolf she made a promise to. So the first thing she did was visit where the Wolf was rescued to, upon arrival one of the Jordan workers told Lyn it would be safe to enter the enclosure unprotected from the Wolf as it wasn't dangerous. So Lyn did, as she wanted to get some up close photos if possible. When Lyn first saw the wolf it looked unsociable and was sitting in a corner, it looked healthy but still appeared to be severely traumatised from its years in a concrete box.

As the wolf noticed Lyn, it turned around, and ran towards her. A few of the workers came into to protect Lyn if need as everyone was unsure what the Wolf was going to do.
When it made it to Lyn's feet. It stopped for a moment and looked in excitement, it then rolled over and gave itself to Lyn.

After that night in the Zoo - the wolf still remembered Lyn after months. Knowing Lyn was the one that saved him/her.

*Lyn showed us pictures of her playing happily with this wolf!

Such an amazing story, and it enforces the facts that Animals are smart. Very smart. Especially wolfs happy
is the moral of the story that linlinlinlin Lyn I linlin I ?
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
35 8 Mar 2012
No and you spelt Lyn's name wrong 6 times.
ReplyQuote

Bridgey Didge Bridgey Didge NSW Posts: 26
36 15 Mar 2012
In this day and age- and with the significant realism and magic that can be created in films by visual and special effects departments- there is really no need to use real wolves as props. I think it was a pretty silly and risky decision by director Joe Carnahan. While I understand that movie makers/ directors want to produce a sense of authenticity in their movies and have that special ‘something’ that adds to the beauty and experience of their film- I think it’s just as important and inspirational when ethical and moral approaches are used in film making. They would have something to truly be proud of then- winner movie as well as it being produced in an ethical and green way! happy
It’s a shame that the film industry doesn’t always see it this way…. Greedy gits!.. I hope it doesn’t cause silly hysteria and panic over wolves like Jaws did for sharks…
ReplyQuote

mlodgor mlodgor Poland Posts: 1
37 26 Mar 2012
No wolves were harmed or killed to create this movie.

http://www.americanhumanefilmtv.org/reviews/the-grey/
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
38 27 Mar 2012
mlodgor said:
No wolves were harmed or killed to create this movie.

http://www.americanhumanefilmtv.org/reviews/the-grey/
They just mereley bought wolf meat from a hunter. rolleyes
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
39 27 Mar 2012
Just curious...how far do people here take boycotting movies/shows that use animals?
Pretty much all movies/shows will have some type of animal cruelty involved like eating meat, wearing leather, fur, wool etc.
So where do you draw the line?
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
40 27 Mar 2012
Abbiesaurus said:
Just curious...how far do people here take boycotting movies/shows that use animals?
Pretty much all movies/shows will have some type of animal cruelty involved like eating meat, wearing leather, fur, wool etc.
So where do you draw the line?
I try to avoid films that have been exposed for using exotic animals that have been abused during "training". Unless the movie is about/openly supporting fur leather or wool I'm not too fussed about it. I don't tend to buy movies, I have a habit of hiring them and watching them so I more support deli's and hiring movies rather than the purchase of a dvd.
It depends on the movie I guess.
ReplyQuote

 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 


Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).