Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Boycott 'The Grey' Movie.

Wolves killed on scene for the movie, actors also ate wolf meat on set.

41 - 43 of 43 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
41 27 Mar 2012
Yeah I tend to do the same as you.
I avoid movies where animals have been abused during training or on set, and if the movie is promoting a distinct message of animal cruelty.

I have been watching Game of Thrones and pretty much everyone in the show wears and uses fur, as it is set in medieval times where this was a common practice for survival. I would have preferred if they had used fake fur of course, but instead the director decided to use ethically sourced fur which is apparently fur from animals which are by-products of the meat industry.

I came to the conclusion that them using 'ethically' sourced fur is really no worse than actors in other movies wearing wool, leather or eating meat. So I will not be boycotting.
ReplyQuote

Kacey Michelle Kacey Michelle NSW Posts: 92
42 30 Mar 2012
My on-off boyfriend like figure wanted to watch this with me the other day and I tried to explain why I refused to watch it (on top of the fact it loks like a crap movie anyway) and he wasn't too happy tongue
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
43 30 Mar 2012
Abbiesaurus said:
Just curious...how far do people here take boycotting movies/shows that use animals?
Pretty much all movies/shows will have some type of animal cruelty involved like eating meat, wearing leather, fur, wool etc.
So where do you draw the line?
Human's can relate to Predators better than them in every way Charismatic and better still in every way they aren't half as scary as some ghetto diseased citizen with a screw driver.

I'd rather run into a Wolf on my way home, that any person.

It would be more of an experience for one... and far less dangerous.

Human's killing in fear of something greater than themselves is a farce worth neutralizing.

May the future have more wolves in equilibrium than people out of it in disarray.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au