Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Acne & Soy

Anyone noticed a connection?

11 - 19 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
11 21 Mar 2012
Yea, coffee is terrible tongue

Mmm... I'm a big calorie counter, so I am doing all those things right. I am carb heavy, but the first time I lost weight (20 kilos!) I was eating a shizzload then too. I guess a big difference is before I wasn't working fulltime coz I could commit to exercise better, now I'm working all the time and I'm always tired. Still got my calories in and out right, but maybe i'm too tired to function as well.

Now I have B12 supplements so I will cut back on my soymilk (was mainly drinking for the enriched B12) and see if I notice any change.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
12 21 Mar 2012
Tanyaka said:
Yea, coffee is terrible tongue

Mmm... I'm a big calorie counter, so I am doing all those things right. I am carb heavy, but the first time I lost weight (20 kilos!) I was eating a shizzload then too. I guess a big difference is before I wasn't working fulltime coz I could commit to exercise better, now I'm working all the time and I'm always tired. Still got my calories in and out right, but maybe i'm too tired to function as well.

Now I have B12 supplements so I will cut back on my soymilk (was mainly drinking for the enriched B12) and see if I notice any change.
Maybe try a 'clean eating' plan... don't eat anything processed for a fortnight and you should see a loss! Remember muscle weighs more than fat too so if you're losing fat & building muscle you may plateau on the scales for awhile. Waaah! I feel like coffee haha
ReplyQuote

Ashurii Ashurii SA Posts: 27
13 21 Mar 2012
The only factors that seem to effect wether I get pimples or not are how much sugar I eat, if I eat dairy (back when I was vegetarian) and the pill (Just gone off it and it's a pimple nightmare! ARGH!).
I'm not sure wether I agree with soy being bad for you yet, I'm still researching into the whole topic myself but the point you bring up is interesting. The only soy I drink/consume really is soy in my tea, occasionally in meals and "vitasoy: vita-gos" in the morning so I don't know if cutting these out would work but it couldn't hurt to try.
ReplyQuote

Brettski Brettski VIC Posts: 53
14 21 Mar 2012
When I went veg I noticed I got a lot less acne and I eat a lot of soy (lots of soy milk, tofu, tempah, lots of mock meat etc...). Since going vegan I've had no acne at all!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
15 21 Mar 2012
I think you have to look at the way you're eating it as well though, if you're frying the faux meat or tofu in oil or eating it with a lot of things like white bread, white rice, white pasta (high GI foods = acne) then that might be a contributing factor.
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
16 21 Mar 2012
Ah an interesting topic and glad to see I'm not alone! I have hardly ever had pimple probs ever but went on pill when I was 15 and never stopped until 27. , about 6 months ago I stopped taking it - mostly for health etc (I'm sure it's not good! It's not natural so I'm out! Plus I think 12 years is pushing it. but Urgh the pimples!! They're driving me nuts... 6 ish months on now and I wouldn't have a clue if it's still from pill, natural occurrence, or if I'm doing something wrong in my food/drink!  Will let you know if I come up with any super plans! Lol happy xo
ReplyQuote

Shahna Lammajamma Shahna Lammajamma QLD Posts: 56
17 21 Mar 2012
Actually i have recently started having a lot more soy in my diet and have noticed my skin being worse, i never made the possible connection til i read this hmmmm
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
18 21 Mar 2012
Agree! I might have to consider trying something else and cutting down a bit and see what happens... Although I'm also thinking the answer culd be what someone else said somewhere... Hormones!!
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
19 25 Mar 2012
i never really had a problem with my skin up until this year, like it was just normal, healthy skin with the occassional teenage pimple or two. i guess i have been eating more soy, because i eat more mock meats and stuff now than i used to. my skin is really weird though, sometimes it's really oily but then sometimes it's really dry and blotchy. but i've been getting acne, and as i said, i never had to worry about my skin before. #freakout.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au