Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Ice Tea?

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

Christina3 Christina3 NSW Posts: 128
1 10 Apr 2012
I freaking love Nestea and Lipton Ice Tea, so I was very disappointed when I found out that both are tested on animals! I've tried googling it but haven't had much luck - are there any other ice tea brands that are free from animal testing??
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
2 10 Apr 2012
I'm on the same boat! Used to love drinking them until I realised they're under Unilever sad and been avoiding a lot of things because of it.
So far, I think the best bet is if you make your own tea or try misc. asian stores that have other 'teas' and such. I know of "Oishi" which make a nice variety of 'green teas' which are sweet and yum!
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
3 11 Apr 2012
Best bet is to just make your own. You can always bottle it too if you want it while you're on the go. Otherwise try specialty tea places or tea houses. We have MoMo bubble tea house in Tassie that make great vegan teas or any kind.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
4 11 Apr 2012
lividlotus said:
"Oishi"
Japanese for delicious! Quote "oiishi desu" and "arigatou gozaimasu" when eating Japanese and they'll load you up with heaps of free stuff!!!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
5 11 Apr 2012
free stuff! I Must Learn Japanese!!!

also... watch out for E120,
coloring agent usually the only dodgy thing,
in most beverages one must keep an eye on.
*apart from milk

but is there anything wrong with these drinks,
in regard to animal ingredients? or is it just that they are tested on animals?

thanks!

I used to drink a heap of peach ice tea... the bickfords cordial was nice too
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
6 11 Apr 2012
Casper.s2 said:
I used to drink a heap of peach ice tea... the bickfords cordial was nice too
is Bickfords not vegan? the red is understandable but the rest?
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
7 11 Apr 2012
I just tried normal tea with 3 teaspoons of suger, ice and a few squirts of lemon juice. Not bad, the first few mouth fulls were gross but once I got used to it it was kind of like having a normal ice tea
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
8 12 Apr 2012
Deespark said:
I just tried normal tea with 3 teaspoons of suger, ice and a few squirts of lemon juice. Not bad, the first few mouth fulls were gross but once I got used to it it was kind of like having a normal ice tea
Making it the way you've done is probably a whole lot better than from bottles anyway tongue
ReplyQuote

Christina3 Christina3 NSW Posts: 128
9 12 Apr 2012
Deespark said:
Haha, maybe I could try that with peach juice, the peach one was always my favourite happy
ReplyQuote

Brettski Brettski VIC Posts: 53
10 15 Apr 2012
That is unbelievable, for what damn purpose do they need to animal test beverages? It also makes me nervous about what junk they are putting in their drinks in the first place.

As previously mentioned, just make your own. I would suggest not to add in any sugar if you can't help it, so many of my close family members have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes including my mother. It is a horrible disease you carry with you the rest of your life.

Have a look into honeybush tea from South Africa if you have a sweet tooth, it has all the natural benefits of tea with no caffeine and no calories:
http://www.montegotea.com/honeybush.htm
http://www.capehoneybushtea.co.za/health.htm

It has a lovely, sweet, honey like taste. I've seen it in T2 but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for cheaper.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au