Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

advice?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
1 10 Apr 2012
I adopted two mice from a Lady who was very sick. (RIP) Olivia. She Said they were both girls, but one has just had babies!!! I know i need to seperate Portia and Xava, but what do I do with these little babies??? I dont know where to place them. I called around today and it seems like the only place that will take them is a pet shop!! I won't do that. Does anyone have any suggestions.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 11 Apr 2012
How many babies are there? If there is only a small amount, and if you've already got mummy and daddy separated can you keep them on once they are grown up and separate them into boys and girls? Since mice have short life spans (I think I've had one last 2yrs on me) it's not a long time commitment. Or can you adopt them out to friends?
ReplyQuote

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
3 11 Apr 2012
There are 4. Yes your right i used to have mice when I was a kid, and I am pretty sure i can still remember how to sort there sex, I will look into it. My husband is totally furious. He Hates animals especially mice. Makes me wonder how we got together sometimes. But each for there own..
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 11 Apr 2012
Wait until they are about 5-6wks old. Will be easier then.

I love all animals. I feed the mice who live in my garage, and well the mice in the aviary roof feed themselves. I also have some very fat kookaburras who visit every other day wink
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
5 11 Apr 2012
RaV3N said:
Wait until they are about 5-6wks old. Will be easier then.

I love all animals. I feed the mice who live in my garage, and well the mice in the aviary roof feed themselves. I also have some very fat kookaburras who visit every other day wink
My husband found a nest of baby rats in our shed, in a box of some of his favourite stuff he has stored. He came in and told me about it and said "I should kill them but.." so instead we have waited until they are weaned and we have bought humane traps and we'll release them up in the bush behind our house. He just didn't have the heart and really what right does he have to kill them? It's wasn't their fault they were born in an unfortunate spot. He loves rats anyway, doesn't understand why people don't like them. If only he felt that way about all animals!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au