Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

pregnant

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
1 18 Apr 2012
I have been vegan for three years, yay. But my husband is totally against it, he thinks animals are made to feed us. My problem is we are fighting because i am pregnant and he thinks i am harming our baby. I have taken him to the doctor, am on a lot of supplements, there is absolutly no risk to our baby. Still he tells everyone including my meat eating, hunting family. And they are all pissed at me, they say I am being selfish.
ReplyQuote

Sarah19 Sarah19 VIC Posts: 62
2 18 Apr 2012
My question is.. Am i wrong, I believe everyone can make there own decision. I will not force a vegan diet on our child I will let him/her make its own choice, when the time comes.
ReplyQuote

Mel17 Mel17 SA Posts: 98
3 18 Apr 2012
I can not believe people sometimes! He is supposed to be your husband and partner in life. He knew you were vegan when your baby was conceived. Why would you change your diet?! If you are healthy and there are no problems with your pregnancy then he needs to back off. I had a healthy vegan pregnancy and a healthy baby boy. The only supplement I took was folate. I believe if your baby needs something that is not in your diet, you will crave it. Congratulations happy
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
4 18 Apr 2012
Ooooooo congratulations!! How exciting!! happy  you are not doing anything wrong!! I completely agree with mel, he was happy to conceive a child with you knowing Ure vegan ... I'm not sure what other peoples relationships are like but when my fiancé and I disagree or are upset with each other we have a mature conversation about it , tell each other our sides etc and usually one comes around or we come to a negotiation. I'd be saying to him (tears help! Lol) does he really think ud harm Ur baby? Does he really think Ure that horrible? If his family are being awful stop seeing them, stand up for yourself, people don't have to like ur choices but they do have to respect that they are YOURS! they should gave more respect for you. If they can't be nice then don't be around them, this is a super awesum happy time in your life! Enjoy it hunny!! happy u deserve to xoxo. (p.s. Just my opinions, take them on board or don't, it's hard telling someone what they should do when you have no idea what their life is like) xoxo
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
5 18 Apr 2012
It is YOUR body. As long as you are doing no harm then it is NO ONE ELSES BUSINESS. Not even your husband has the right to say what you can and can't eat. Do people not realise that causeing you stress can potentially do more damage? Take it easy, look after yourself and tell them where to go!!
Sorry to be so opinionated but I know exactly where you are coming from and you need to be strong in your convictions.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
6 18 Apr 2012
Oh and CONGRATULATIONS  clap That is awesome news! Haha!
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
7 18 Apr 2012
Congratulations on your pregnancy, sorry your having to go through the arguments over staying vegan while pregnant, there are a few conversations already on vegan pregnancy here is one i found.
good luck.
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=7236&page=2

I had two very healthy and normal vegan pregnancies happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
8 18 Apr 2012
I would think it would do a lot more harm if you suddenly took up meat eating again... Putting aside how bad it is for you which we all know but surely your body wouldn't handle it well. Stick to your guns and keep going for checkups to make sure you're all good! happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
9 18 Apr 2012
Congratulations by the way! happy
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
10 18 Apr 2012
good luck, try aloe vera gel for all the essential amino acids and malt extract for alot of natural b-vitamins.

iron in green leafies like spinach and calcium in broccoli,
if any supplement, i'd highly recommend LOTS of calcium...

weak bones is the greatest threat for a healthy vegan,
so I imagine during pregnancy this would be amplified tenfold.

find lots of calcium!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au