Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan en Vogue

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
1 7 Sep 2012
So.... a friend of mine and I are starting an Organic fashion label called Vegan en Vogue, we are still sourcing some materials and making sure they are vegan.

Every item design will be done by hand, we will not be mass producing at any stage.  We want to keep it small and original. This means every item will be original.

So when we do get going whcih is hopefully by December, naturally we will want to contribute a percentage of earnings to charity.

PS: We will have a few to giveaway eventually which will be our testers happy)

So who has some ideas to which charity the percentage should go to and why? happy
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
2 7 Sep 2012
Apart from Animals Australia, you mean?  wink

How about Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Rehab Centre? http://www.blackcockatoorecovery.com/articles/news/colourful-cockatoos/

They're working hard to ensure that these threatened birds aren't wiped out entirely. They treat injured cockatoos, provide rehabilitation and release into nature again. They also provide a home to cockatoos too injured to be released, and let them take part in a "breed for release programme". Lucky birds!

Good luck with the new project - hope its a success!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
3 7 Sep 2012
There are lots of charities. PETA, Humane Society International...
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
4 7 Sep 2012
Yah, there are heaps and i already have some i give money to (PETA is a regualr for me)... randoms too.....

I am looking for a place that is smaller and is making a difference that could really use the money (yes, of course they all can) but a place that doesn't have the ample opportunity to advertise or staffing to raise funds.

happy
ReplyQuote

Rene Ellul Rene Ellul QLD Posts: 6
5 7 Sep 2012
Maybe a local animal shelter? Animal Welfare League or such that re-homes animals.
http://www.awlqld.com.au/about/

"Animal Welfare League of Qld is a non-profit, charitable organisation receiving no government funding for welfare work, relying predominantly on the community for both financial and emotional support."
I think there is one in NSW and VIC etc...

I was donating to the WPSA but I don't think they are small.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
6 7 Sep 2012
I was thinking Blue Cross.. they are a small shelter.. or Edgar's Mission??

Maybe you can google for independant charities.. I don't really know where to look but there must be a few good ones out there that could use a boost.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au