Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Make it possible Pledge

1 - 9 of 9 posts

CaseyC CaseyC VIC Posts: 5
1 26 Oct 2012
recently i watched the make it possible video and pledged to eat less meat and the meat ii eat will not be factory farmed.

how do you know if something is factory farmed though??

anyone know
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 26 Oct 2012
If you do a bit of research online, you should find brand names and family farm names to watch out for that are free range. With eggs, dairy and chicken, it often says "free range" on the label.
ReplyQuote

casey2 casey2 SA Posts: 11
3 26 Oct 2012
u have to be very careful.. labels arent always correct.. free range simply means you can give them as little as 5 minutes a day outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not only that..but just because they are free range doesnt mean there not cruel, for example trimming of chickens beaks and also the tail cutting of baby pigs and teeth pulling without any pain killer so you need to do some research. there is a website that compares all brands and tells you exactly what there guidlines are..
http://www.animalwelfarelabels.org.au  check  out this website..its great just select from the tab which product and it will tell you who complies and who doesnt!
hope this helps.. and congrats on your choice to change your ways!!! lets hope one day you decide to go meat free!!  ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
4 26 Oct 2012
CaseyC said:
recently i watched the make it possible video and pledged to eat less meat and the meat ii eat will not be factory farmed.

how do you know if something is factory farmed though??

anyone know
Hi CaseyC,
There's info on the website which breaks down what the different labels mean. You can find it here: http://makeitpossible.com/guides/

You might also be interested in the tips here about eating less animal products altogether: http://makeitpossible.com/kids/make-the-switch.php

Hope it helps!
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
5 26 Oct 2012
Just remember, bred free range is different from free range, it means the babies are born in a free range environment, then taken to factory farms when they're a bit older! peace
ReplyQuote

Banani Banani NSW Posts: 93
6 26 Oct 2012
The ethical shopper guide app is a good one to have on hand. I bought it for my phone and I check every product with it. Being vegan, I don't need to worry about checking those products except for pet products. It does come in handy to tell my partner (a meat eater) what's "good" as well. Especially interesting to know that Coca Cola murders people and Nestle owns all of North America's water supply. Haha What has this world come to?
ReplyQuote

CaseyC CaseyC VIC Posts: 5
7 26 Oct 2012
is the ethical shopper guide app availible for ipods

and coles has RSPCA approved chicken is that chicken ok to eat
ReplyQuote

Banani Banani NSW Posts: 93
8 27 Oct 2012
Should be available for iPods. I highly doubt the RSPCA on is okay, they are not very reliable. sad They will approve an owner just because the dog isn't on its death bed yet but bony is okay. :/
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
9 27 Oct 2012
CaseyC said:
is the ethical shopper guide app availible for ipods

and coles has RSPCA approved chicken is that chicken ok to eat
Take a look at Anthony's post above and go to the link to see what RSPCA approved products mean for animals.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au