Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Debate - Animals Should Be Off The Menu

An Intellegence Squared debate.

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Sally Jane Sally Jane United States Posts: 52
1 11 Dec 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNED7GJLY7I

I just finished watching this debate and found it very interesting. It is quite long to watch, but I think it is worth it, and may be worth watching or sharing with those close to you.

Obviously I began as being for the motion and ended being for the motion, but a lot of interesting points were covered. I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the opposition as many as the points they made were irrelevant. (Such as the continued reference for the need to farm to sustain bacteria and other organisms in the soil - If this is in fact true, which I doubt very much, why do we need to eat the animals that contribute to the soi?l etc)

If you have the time, I suggest giving it a watch. Let me know what you thought!

wave
ReplyQuote

Jubes Jubes NSW Posts: 48
2 12 Dec 2012
I watched bits of it and will watch it all later but from what I saw it was really good. I agree with you that the opposition wasn't very good
ReplyQuote

Fish Fish VIC Posts: 149
3 13 Dec 2012
I watched the whole thing. Awesome debate, but a kind of pathetic against team. Although they don't have many points for their agrument.
ReplyQuote

Sally Jane Sally Jane United States Posts: 52
4 27 Dec 2012
Yeah, Fish, the against team did seem to have a hard time justifying meat consumption (I wonder why? rolleyes). Theirs was the weaker argument from the start.

I really liked the passion from the 'for' team, it was quite inspiring.
ReplyQuote

Fish Fish VIC Posts: 149
5 27 Dec 2012
I know I loved the passion too. And I love how alot of the against team's agruments backfired after comments from the audience.
The second speaker was really passionate. I liked him alot, I cant remember his name though.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
6 6 Jan 2013
That was actually really good. I don't think the against team really had anything to defend themselves, though they did bring up a few good/interesting points.

But overall the for team had much better arguments and did a good job I think happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au