Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What dogs are best????

what breed of dog is best

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Hayley7 Hayley7 SA Posts: 4
1 3 Jan 2013
What dog does everyone think is best?? Do u prefer short or long haired??? POST WHAT U THINK clap
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 3 Jan 2013
Rescued is the best breed wink

AbigailandBrodie AbigailandBrodie NSW Posts: 114
3 3 Jan 2013
OinkMoo said:
Perfect answer. Doesn't matter what you get, it's all about how you treat and raise him/her. Bigger dogs tend to have a more gently cuddly nature in my experience. I have 3 dogs in 3 different sizes, and the friendliest, cuddliest, sookiest is a male Bull Arab. Big boy.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 3 Jan 2013
A dog is a dog! Breed doesn't matter! I adopted a "purebred" Australian Kelpie last year, and I couldn't care less about his breed. At the end of the day he's a dog, just like the pedigree dogs worth thousands, and just like the mutts dying in shelters by the thousands!
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
5 3 Jan 2013
Any dogs good enough for me! happy Although I'm getting partial to fox terriers. My recently passed dog (also my first ever dog) passed away just last month, and she was an adopted miniture foxy. My puppy is a fox terrier cross too, and I really love the traits the breed has.
But I have another dog who is a different breed and I love him just as much.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
6 4 Jan 2013
OinkMoo said:
I have a shirt that says that! I wore it when i was going to adopt a pet cat yesterday!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
7 4 Jan 2013
I love dogs, but my favorites are Collies, German Shepards, or Pomeranians.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
8 4 Jan 2013
between short or long hair, definitely short. My dog has long hair and it is a pain in the ass, always falling out.
Best breed is english staffy. The shelters seem to have allot of them aswell.
But it all depends on you. Some dogs are high maintenance and need constant attention.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
9 5 Jan 2013
agree with others that all dogs are good, and rescue-ing is great.

But not all dog breeds are going to be 'suitable' to every person, obviously. Like some shed alot more, or require more exercise.  So it depends on the person/household as to which dogs are 'best'.

I have border collies for instance - which is good for me as i like to go on 7km walks and they just adore the long walks...whereas like my sisters little terrier dog cant even manage half of that.

I am very partial to border collies , theyre very trainable and eager to learn - highly intellient. But very energetic!
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
10 5 Jan 2013
Spot on Ashlee happy I have only had St.Bernard's and they suit our family perfectly. We wanted a large dog that was easy to maintain, had a friendly nature and was animal friendly as we frequently have animals coming in ( mainly livestock ) that I  rescued, dad always loved St.Bernard's so I started doing some research on the breed and they sounded perfect for us so next I searched St.Bernard rescues and we found one in Sydney 10 years ago and that's when we got our first dog Yoshi.

I would also love to rescue a greyhound as they are beautiful dogs happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au