Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Share what kind of breed dog you have!

and where you got your little friend/s :)

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Aria Aria VIC Posts: 63
1 15 Feb 2013
Hey there guys,

Curious to know what breed of dog/s everyone has and where you got them from? And their names of course!

3 for me:
1) Sapa: foxy x staffy x dashund (others in sure)
the rspca in kilaroy, qld.
2) Raven: Aussie cattle dog x cocker spaniel x lab
someone was giving her away as their dog had an unexpected litter.
3)Braxton (brax)  Bull Arab - more dane looking
got him off a farm in qld, unfortately off farmers who bred dogs for pigging (or rather didn't desex any and let them do whatever), and he supposedly didn't seem interested in it so they didn't want him. Poor little bugger was skin and bone. Healthy now at 5 months happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 15 Feb 2013
Duke is a 18 month old St.Bernard, he came from a lady on the  Sunshine Coast happy

Yoshi was 11 years old when she passed away last year, she was also a St.Bernard, she came from a rescue in Sydney when she was 8 months old happy

I would love to rescue a greyhound one day as they are such beautiful dogs  ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Aria Aria VIC Posts: 63
3 15 Feb 2013
OinkMoo said:
Duke is a 18 month old St.Bernard, he came from a lady on the  Sunshine Coast happy

Yoshi was 11 years old when she passed away last year, she was also a St.Bernard, she came from a rescue in Sydney when she was 8 months old happy

I would love to rescue a greyhound one day as they are such beautiful dogs  ecstatic
aw awesome, I've actually never seen a st Bernard in person would you believe! Yes greyhounds would definitely be a great rescue and easily found too unfortunately..
ReplyQuote

MrIdentical MrIdentical QLD Posts: 124
4 15 Feb 2013
Ours is a British staffy named Diesel, and my brother has an American bulldog named Jaz
ReplyQuote

Tigers are Awesome Tigers are Awesome WA Posts: 30
5 15 Feb 2013
I have a very elderly 12 year old dog called Jade (which is also my middle name  wink )
She is a Maltese Shih ztu and I bought her from a friendly breeder. She is as bubbly now as she was as a puppy happy
ReplyQuote

steve2 steve2 NSW Posts: 29
6 15 Feb 2013
my dog is midnight she is a Aboriginal campdog from the Gibson Desert W.A. i found her lost in the bush when she was just a few weeks old,she has been with me for 6years now and has recently adapted to city life in Darwin,she has also partnered up with my girlfriends dog aska a 12yo jack russell they are now best friends.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
7 15 Feb 2013
I have Rupert, a 18-month-old Australian Kelpie, rescued from the shelter.
Tessie, a 13-year-old Dachshund/Cocker Spaniel mix, rescued from death row at the shelter.
And Mr. Fox, a 2-year-old Corgi mix, who was abandoned by his owner in the bush.
All my dogs are rescued, and all of my future dogs will be rescued. I also foster dogs, and like Shani, I would love a Greyhound, so I plan to foster one when my current foster dog gets adopted.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
8 15 Feb 2013
Aria said:
OinkMoo said:

aw awesome, I've actually never seen a st Bernard in person would you believe! Yes greyhounds would definitely be a great rescue and easily found too unfortunately..
You don't really see St.Bernard's around happy I haven't seen any other ones besides Duke and Yoshi happy
ReplyQuote

weaselbritches weaselbritches WA Posts: 36
9 15 Feb 2013
I have Monty, a complete bitza who I got from the pound as a puppy.  I bought one of those DNA tests and they had to run it twice.  You can definitely see the great grandparent who was bull mastiff, but anything else is a guess.  One of the suggestions for the mix breed segment of the test was beagle and I can see it in her tail and muzzle.  I also saw a sharpei recently that looked pretty similar facially and that wasn't one of the breeds covered in the database (edit: Monty is my profile pic)

My other dog is Oscar, who's a greyhound.  He's a complete sweetheart, a big sookie-la.  I would highly recommend greyhounds.  Laziest dogs ever, endlessly affectionate and kinda like big cats in a lot of ways.  I got him from Greyhound Angels, a rescue organisation in WA.  He was supposed to be a foster but Monty loved him immediately and I couldn't give him up either.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
10 15 Feb 2013
I THINK my dog is part Cocker Spaniel, and for certain part Border Collie.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au