Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Do you have a dog? What do u feed it?

1 - 4 of 4 posts

Tommmy Tommmy QLD Posts: 3
1 8 Sep 2013
I've been buying free range chicken for my dog I tried feeding her brown rice veges and chicken but she doesn't do well on brown rice so I've been buying free range chickens, what do you feed your dog/cat?
ReplyQuote

Showbags Showbags QLD Posts: 162
2 8 Sep 2013
My dog is Vegan and has been for 6 months. He's going great and looking real healthy. At the start he wasn't a big fan of the new diet but he now eats it as fervently as he did any meat I would give him.

I give him in his food carrots, cucumber, spinach, chickpeas, lentils, beans, spirulina, celery, peas and other assortments of vegetables.

He has lost 7 kilos (he is down to about 40kgs) and is a lot more energetic and healthy looking imo. I would definitely recommend it to any other dog owners but you must first do your research to ensure your dog is eating properly.
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
3 9 Sep 2013
Vegan Pet dry dog food www.veganpet.com.au. It's been independently tested to be complete & balanced.

Also a homemade blend of raw, activated pepitas, organic pasta, organic liver-friendly veggies: zucchini, squash, butternut, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, lentils, beans (rehydrated from dry). I don't feed seaweed as some studies show this inhibits B12 so I err on the side of caution & don't feed seaweed.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
4 9 Sep 2013
My dog and cat are both vegan. I also run a blog about plant based diets for companion animals, it has lots of information that will make transitioning your pet a lot easier, also the dangers of the food you are currently feeding your dog (raw meat diet, especially chicken will be lacking in nutrients and your pet is at high risk of salmonella poisoning)
http://vegan-companions.tumblr.com/

I would also like to ask you how you feel about buying "free range" chicken?
Why do you think this is a more ethical choice?
In my opinion it is not. "free range" chickens are still raised in barns, they still have their beaks burnt off and they still have all the males killed upon hatching, they are still sent to the same slaughter house as their factory farmed sisters.. The only difference between Factory farmed and "free range" is that the "free" girls will have access to a small outside area, often they are unable to reach because there are too many chickens in the shed.
Please look at my blog and consider switching your dogs diet to plant based, dogs thrive on a meat free diet.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au