Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Sea world

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

Desiree Desiree SA Posts: 35
1 15 Dec 2013
What's everyone's view on sea world Queensland?  They don't have mammals in captivity like the American sea world, they are kept in deep sea enclosures. I just have friends going there and it's hard for me to get excited for them, our country works hard to make the enclosures for animals as realistic as possible I suppose, but unless they are endangered and it's some kind of reintroduction program, should animals be used for entertainment? Looking for some great points here, my internet search was all American focused.
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
2 16 Dec 2013
It's wrong! Think of it this way would you like to be in captivity for entertainment... Nope! I read on here awhile ago that some people go to an animal shelter to see the animals and in some case you can even help them happy but some people just go there to see them for yep you guessed it 'entertainment'... Some even say that they are sick of seeing the same animals get sick or injured and they want others to get sick and/or injured... Which is horrid! But if you generally go there to help the animals and not for entertainment purposes then I think that's great! happy
ReplyQuote

3 16 Dec 2013
http://www.seaworldofhurt.com/ten-things.aspx

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2945

http://seaworld.com.au/research-and-rescue/animal-management.aspx

There's a lot of cases where killer whales have had their teeth ripped out useing power drills at sea world... Plus many other horrible story's... I've added above just some of what I could find there is so many!!
ReplyQuote

Maggie9999 Maggie9999 QLD Posts: 6
4 18 Dec 2013
And sometimes they are just "stories". As animal activists we need to go on facts not just what we hear through The grape vine.  If animal activists base what they do on fact, proven research, video footage of what is happening doc then people will listen.

People tend to hear what they want to when it comes to a company, person or activity they are very much for or against.

Always ensure when you are trying to source information for yourself or inform another person that you are using reliable, evidence based resources.
ReplyQuote

5 18 Dec 2013
Hi happy this is definitely great advice to give... it is most important to have facts... I'm all about facts!!! It is the only way any thing gets achieved, I never say anything without having tangible evidence to back me up.

But the funny thing is that this particular post of yours seems aimed directly at me, as clearly due to another thread you have already decided that you dislike me and will try to undermine me in anyway just to cause drama (if any one would like to refer to the post in discussion where I was called rude for no reason please refer to - PETA says palm oil is ok)... but yes I always provide details as to where I sources my info from - (I even add links)

One as you can see 2 are from Peta

the other one is what sea world has to say for itself:

please note if you would like tangible evidence in regards to one of my examples such as the killer whale teeth story please follow the below links one is a newspaper article and the other is a video:

https://www.care2.com/news/member/729790807/3415936

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175966/Killer-whales-Seaworld-teeth-removed-power-drills-left-mourn-separated-young-claims-shocking-new-book.html
ReplyQuote

6 18 Dec 2013
ox.kylie.xo said:
Hi happy this is definitely great advice to give... it is most important to have facts... I'm all about facts!!! It is the only way any thing gets achieved, I never say anything without having tangible evidence to back me up.

But the funny thing is that this particular post of yours seems aimed directly at me, as clearly due to another thread you have already decided that you dislike me and will try to undermine me in anyway just to cause drama (if any one would like to refer to the post in discussion where I was called rude for no reason please refer to - PETA says palm oil is ok)... but yes I always provide details as to where I sources my info from - (I even add links)

One as you can see 2 are from Peta

the other one is what sea world has to say for itself:

please note if you would like tangible evidence in regards to one of my examples such as the killer whale teeth story please follow the below links one is a newspaper article and the other is a video:

https://www.care2.com/news/member/729790807/3415936

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175966/Killer-whales-Seaworld-teeth-removed-power-drills-left-mourn-separated-young-claims-shocking-new-book.html
Ok firstly, It had nothing to do with you. I was responding to the main post not yours. I was discussing credible resources as they said they did an internet search and most things are not credible from the internet.

Secondly, newspapers articles are not a credible resource at all.  Neither is a Care2 website.
Also PETA's website is not an entirely credible resource unless there is reference to back up their statements which unfortunately the website can lack at times.

Thirdly, people don't pull you up on being rude for no reason. You've obviously aggravated a few people and there will most likely be others who don't speak up which explains why most posts you yourself start people are not responding to as you shut people down or are rude towards them rather than having an open discussion. That was very much shown in the forum re the horses your lack of understanding of another persons perspective.

Just because your opinion may differ from others, doesn't mean it is the right one, nor does it mean that person deserves to be beat down. Reactions such as yours to the horse forum are generally why veg*ns are perceived so badly.
ReplyQuote

7 18 Dec 2013
Maddie45
Oh and really... that's your choice of word... incomprehensible? FYI Incomprehensible means not able to be understood; not intelligible. Sentence example: "a language which is incomprehensible to anyone outside the office"

I pretty sure you understood it all as you didn't once reply asking what I meant so that now leaves me to believe that you think my comments were unintelligent and so what out of my post do you find unintelligent?

A horse sustains many injuries but one of the most common:  ligament and tendon injuries while yes they can get these injuries while just running on their own they are most commonly done when ridden as they are carrying more weight

The instructions given to the horse via the bit are cruel and are all able to be given without a bit... it causes grave discomfort to the horses

No whipping, kicking or spurs....

Not to mention it is also exploiting the horse for your own entertainment... they should be free they are not ours to have dominion over... you cannot own another living being, you may be a carer but owning them pretty much says that they may not live their lives as their own and that they are at your beck and call...

But at the same time I was not trying to be pushy with my view though you instantly attacked me... when I just lightly mention it...

Maggie9999
And my lack of understanding peoples perspective... FYI your lack of understanding what I actually mean by my posts... I wasn’t being rude at all in the horse thread I was simply explaining over and over again why I think it is cruel and trying to explain that I did not mean any rudeness by my comments though they kept saying that I did... where if you actually read it you would see that I was attacked thank you... and was just defending myself.....

Also to your comment in regards to my links that I provided... newspaper article are 90% of the time credible depending on the newspaper and the journalist (the majority of newspaper screen there articles before submitting them for wordpress as by a fact checker to ensure that the article in based on facts – I even use alot of articles for TAFE and others use them at UNI but they have to be credible and this particular article checks out to be based on fact... but yes you are right in some cases they are written by untrustworthy sources but like I said I only post facts!) also please note the care2 one is a video footage of this killer whale being tortured by people taking out the teeth with power drills.

Also... people do attack you on here for no reason I’ve seen many of post where people have been absolutely attacked for no reason!! And by you saying that “people don’t pull you up on being rude for no reason” leads me to believe that you have based your entire opinion from what the other two people have said... and I never “beat down” anyone I simply told her to not be rude to me as I was nice enough to take the time out of by busy life to help her find saddles that are not leather or fur,,, and she was very rude to me! And yes I totally agree just because one person says something is wrong doesn’t mean it is....the same as some people saying something is a certain way doesn’t mean it is, but yet you have based your perception of me entirely from what others have said about me.... anyone in their right mind would know that I meant no rudeness, but then again you would all be aware that you are attacking me for absolutely no reason other than the fact that you all have nothing better to do.. And I understand your new and all but you don’t have to make friends the stupid and horrible way “ have a common enemy and you’re in” just because your new doesn’t mean you should just side with anyone to make friends, do you even have your own opinions cause if you do you would have clearly seen that I was the one that was attacked and that in no way what so ever did I mean it the way you guys are claiming it to be.

And I would sincerely like to hear what you think on horse ridding then if you claim that I am wrong for saying I believe it to be cruel?

And do you people realise the time it takes to continue this stupid argument we could all be saving preciouses lives...  but no you guys would rather be a waste of time... starting crap over your how you portrayed something someone said... and to make things worse the person has even explained themselves but yet you all continue... real constructive time management guys...
ReplyQuote

8 19 Dec 2013
You're not worth the time nor effort as you seems to twist what each person says including that of moderators. You need to calm down and back off people and not be so rude to everyone. Just ramming your opinions down people's throats or rude to people is not helping animals.

Goodbye.
ReplyQuote

9 19 Dec 2013
I never rammed my opinion down anyone's throat...!! quite the contrary I just lightly mention my beliefs and try to inspire people to see from a different perspective, and FYI in regards to your comment stating that I don't try to see things from other people view, is incorrect if you actually read what I had said to Maddie45 was that I merely was trying to get her to see my side though she instantly attacked me being in her defensive box and not even trying to see what I was saying so I think you have aimed your cyber bullying at me the innocent thank you, any one with a decent education can see that!! ... and the moderators have never once gotten up me for anything I have ever said thank you very much.... your just a sheep that follows the crowed I'm a really nice person that stands up for what I believe in and I only ever advocate lightly and in a nice manner... I have never and will never ram my opinion down someone's throat... as this is not very effective and it is rude, oh and thank you for discontinue your this stupid argument... bye
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
10 19 Dec 2013
ox.kylie.xo said:
I never rammed my opinion down anyone's throat...!! quite the contrary I just lightly mention my beliefs and try to inspire people to see from a different perspective, and FYI in regards to your comment stating that I don't try to see things from other people view, is incorrect if you actually read what I had said to Maddie45 was that I merely was trying to get her to see my side though she instantly attacked me being in her defensive box and not even trying to see what I was saying so I think you have aimed your cyber bullying at me the innocent thank you, any one with a decent education can see that!! ... and the moderators have never once gotten up me for anything I have ever said thank you very much.... your just a sheep that follows the crowed I'm a really nice person that stands up for what I believe in and I only ever advocate lightly and in a nice manner... I have never and will never ram my opinion down someone's throat... as this is not very effective and it is rude, oh and thank you for discontinue your this stupid argument... bye
Wow now that is rude.

Honestly your comments towards people seem poorly informed, rude, offensive and just down right childish. You refer to people being trolls, being uneducated, just following her crowd, cyber bullies - that is nasty and highly immature.

There is no point in pointing out what you've said that if offensive, what you've said that is so wrong and poorly informed because you'll just come back with another childish rant where you have taken what people have said and twisted it. This is including having twisted the "house rules", what admin have said etc. it's unbelievable. I won't be replying to any of your posts again and don't bother responding to mine. Your childish remarks and closed minded comments are unwelcome and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au