Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

A vegan in Europe

Have any vegans/vegetarians been to Europe??

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Elise4 Elise4 SA Posts: 40
1 31 Jan 2014
Hi everyone! I thought this might be a good place to ask - I'm heading over to Europe in June and I'm a bit worried about a lack of vegan food over there! I've got no idea how much they would have to offer a vegan.

Has anyone been over , and if so, was it easy to find vegan food? We're going to the usual places people go on their first European Holiday..Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Germany, Italy, London.

Thank you in advance!!

broccoli
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
2 31 Jan 2014
You may find this previous thread helpful www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=8971
ReplyQuote

3 31 Jan 2014
The British Aussie said:
You may find this previous thread helpful www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=8971
That's awesome, thank youhappy
ReplyQuote

sophxx sophxx NSW Posts: 169
4 31 Jan 2014
I don't know much about other places in Europe, but there is a website called http://www.berlin-vegan.org that has a map of vegan restaurants. There are also a number of vegan travel blogs where people write about their experiences in places around the world. Have a quick google and you should find them happy
ReplyQuote

5 2 Feb 2014
Thanks so much! happy I'm worried about restaurants and that kind of thing but I'm sure if I research it enough and go on that website I'll be ok! happy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
6 2 Feb 2014
Just in case you don't know already, happycow.net is the major veg restaurant listing site.
ReplyQuote

7 3 Feb 2014
Thank you happy
ReplyQuote

ryttu3k ryttu3k NSW Posts: 18
8 19 Apr 2014
Hey there! I've been to some of those locations - London, Amsterdam, and Paris (the latter for a day trip).

London you'll have absolutely no problem - I got to go to multiple vegan restaurants in the same day, it was amazing. I'd say it's the second-friendliest city for vegans that I've been to! (First was San Francisco.) Unfortunately, one that I really liked (saf in Kensington) is shutting down, but I definitely recommend Itadaki-zen (Japanese vegan restaurant) - area seems a little dodgy but the food was AMAZING. I had the noodle set. The other really amazing one is actually a vegetarian place, but with heaps of well-marked vegan options, including vegan sticky date pudding ecstatic It's called Tibits, and it's near Piccadilly Square. (May I recommend eating lunch at Tibits then catching the matinee of Phantom of the Opera at the nearby Her Majesty's Theatre? Best. Day. Ever.) You'll also get heaps of options in the supermarkets - even the tiny little one near where we were staying had things like Alpro chocolate pudding things, and the bigger ones should have tons of brands. London is amazing for vegans!

The others are a liitle trickier. Amsterdam has some vegan places, but some are quite hard to find, tiny little things. There is a falafel chain that has lots of vegan options which we used quite often. Beyond that, we were only there for a few days, so I can't comment on much.

Paris was a day trip, but it's actually pretty tricky - while a lot of people in Amsterdam had good English, there was a fair-sized language barrier in France. I did find http://veganparis.com/ for you.

Good luck, and enjoy the trip - especially London, it's wonderful!
ReplyQuote

9 11 Jun 2014
ryttu3k said:
Hey there! I've been to some of those locations - London, Amsterdam, and Paris (the latter for a day trip).

London you'll have absolutely no problem - I got to go to multiple vegan restaurants in the same day, it was amazing. I'd say it's the second-friendliest city for vegans that I've been to! (First was San Francisco.) Unfortunately, one that I really liked (saf in Kensington) is shutting down, but I definitely recommend Itadaki-zen (Japanese vegan restaurant) - area seems a little dodgy but the food was AMAZING. I had the noodle set. The other really amazing one is actually a vegetarian place, but with heaps of well-marked vegan options, including vegan sticky date pudding ecstatic It's called Tibits, and it's near Piccadilly Square. (May I recommend eating lunch at Tibits then catching the matinee of Phantom of the Opera at the nearby Her Majesty's Theatre? Best. Day. Ever.) You'll also get heaps of options in the supermarkets - even the tiny little one near where we were staying had things like Alpro chocolate pudding things, and the bigger ones should have tons of brands. London is amazing for vegans!

The others are a liitle trickier. Amsterdam has some vegan places, but some are quite hard to find, tiny little things. There is a falafel chain that has lots of vegan options which we used quite often. Beyond that, we were only there for a few days, so I can't comment on much.

Paris was a day trip, but it's actually pretty tricky - while a lot of people in Amsterdam had good English, there was a fair-sized language barrier in France. I did find http://veganparis.com/ for you.

Good luck, and enjoy the trip - especially London, it's wonderful!
I'm sorry I hadn't seen this yet!!! This is so helpful thank you so much happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au