Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Youtube comment help!

Alternative to culling feral animals.

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Veggie Veronica Veggie Veronica NSW Posts: 108
1 26 Apr 2014
Well, I saw a video on trapping feral cats & dogs here in Aus. I couldn't help myself commenting this:

"Killing is never the solution."

And then he replied....

"This isn't just about killing animals!
It's about saving the rarest animals in the world that are dying by an introduced feral pest.
I invite you to offer up your solution to this problem then?"

I need someone to give me a good answer. I'm not good with these sort of things, so I don't usually comment. So enter this competition! Winner gets their comment on Youtube!
ReplyQuote

tigerlily tigerlily NSW Posts: 30
2 26 Apr 2014
hey there...

say something like, 'killing any animal (whether they're feral or not) affects the natural circle of life in which animals live in. Killing one species of animals affects nearly the whole circle, causing overpopulation in certain species and extinction in the other."

And as you said: killing is never the solution!
why harm others??

Hope that helps...   kitty dog
ReplyQuote

Chicken Legs Chicken Legs VIC Posts: 72
3 27 Apr 2014
A link to the video could provide a bit more context in which to help on wink
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
4 27 Apr 2014
This whole issue started from irresponsible people NOT DESEXING THEIR F*CKING CATS, dumping kittens in the bush. (my partners family live in the country and have adopted in almost 20 cats because they just get dumped out there, again from people not desexing their dang cats)

refer to this website, and the link that says "why killing doesn't work" http://catassist.org.au/humane-control.html?start=1

the ONLY way to reduce populations of stray AND feral cats is to stop them from breeding, and that means catch and release desexing.
Killing is not the answer, you are right, that person has no idea what they are talking about.
ReplyQuote

5 27 Apr 2014
Chicken Legs said:
Alright, here's a link. It's not graphic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7lbNz9Q0t8
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
6 27 Apr 2014
I couldn't even watch that whole video, disgusting.
You know what animal causes the most destruction on native wildlife? humans... time for a cull, lets start with that youtuber -_-'
ReplyQuote

Okami ovo vegetarian Okami ovo vegetarian VIC Posts: 119
7 2 Feb 2015
Veggie Veronica said:
Chicken Legs said:
Alright, here's a link. It's not graphic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7lbNz9Q0t8
that video is private so i can't see anything.
plus i don't have a youtube account
ReplyQuote

8 2 Feb 2015
It used to not be private, and you can still view youtube videos without an account.
ReplyQuote

Kman Kman NSW Posts: 14
9 23 Feb 2015
"killing is never the answer"
that's just a really shallow response to a serious issue

feral animals endangering native species.. i think there's a point where you need to think practically about a situation, "killing is never the answer", ok, so these ferals breed, and wipe out the native population, meanwhile these same animals are breeding all over the planet and have no immediate threat.
what other solution do you suggest?

also, i admit i didnt even go look at the video/comments, just going off what's posted in this thread..
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au